Kalamazoo and Portage Office
Portage, MI 49002
Interior/exterior painting and staining
Cabinet painting and refinishing
Deck cleaning, staining and sealing
Woodwork — stain, varnish and lacquer
Drywall and plaster repairs
Wallpaper hanging and removal
Color selection advice
Contact our Kalamazoo-area office and we’ll respond promptly to your request for an estimate.
Exterior Painting Kalamazoo
Michigan weather is tough on exterior paint. For the best results, you can count on thorough preparation, quality materials and the best application technique. Courteous, uniformed painters who maintain a clean work site, protect your landscaping and communicate daily will make the painting experience a pleasant one.
Interior Painting Kalamazoo
Our Kalamazoo residential and commercial painting customers count on our painters to carefully manage every step of the paint job. We cover and protect your floors, furniture, and cabinets. Corners are not cut on surface preparation. Premium grade paints, skilled painters, the best application method, checking the job over, keeping in touch with you — all result in a project that will make your home or business gleam.
Exterior Painting Checklist
- Wash any dirty, dusty surfaces to ensure adhesion of new paint. Mildewed surfaces should be washed with bleach solution.
- Thoroughly cover to protect from paint splatters all sidewalks, bushes, roofs, patio furniture, fixtures, hardware, screens, etc.
- When scraping peeling surfaces, always “feather sand” rough surfaces to soften edges and promote adhesion of new coatings.
- Patch or caulk any holes, cracks in siding, and open joints around window casings. Apply primer to patches, caulk and any exposed wood.
- Always apply finish coats according to manufacturers’ specifications without thinning.
- Store ladders and equipment in area convenient to you.
- Our lead painter will walk the property with you upon completion to ensure your satisfaction.
- Clean up and remove any debris created by our work.
Interior Painting/Paper Hanging Checklist
- Thoroughly cover to protect your furniture and belongings.
- Floors with clean drop cloths.
- Furniture with new, clean plastic drop cloths.
- Cover doorways to adjoining rooms to contain dust.
- Inspect all ceilings and walls for cracks, holes and loose paint. Patch with the appropriate compound, sand patches to smooth out all edges and spot prime. Vacuum any dust created by sanding.
- Remove all hardware before painting woodwork.
- Remove loose paint from woodwork, sand all woodwork, prime any bare wood, caulk any open seams and remove all dust before enameling.
- Inspect all surfaces before finish coating begins.
- Request customer approval of finish coat colors before applying them.
- Apply primer/sizing before installing wallpaper. Sizing will be tinted to match background color of paper to minimize visibility of seams.
- Check all wallpaper upon completion to inspect for loose seams, bubbles and paste film.
- Upon completion, our lead painter will walk through the job with you to ensure that all surfaces are painted to your satisfaction.