Basement painting services in Kalamazoo allow homeowners to finish out home painting projects with ease. Because of their design, many homes here in the Midwest have basements. But, whether they have had work done to finish them or not varies from home to home. By working with a painting company in Kalamazoo, homeowners guarantee an excellent finished basement for their home.
Van Tuinen Painting brings years of experience that homeowners count on for their basement painting services in Kalamazoo. Every member of the Van Tuinen Painting team works to ensure the homeowner’s satisfaction with our work. Whatever painting your basement needs done, our team is here to help.
Important steps in painting concrete basements
Depending on the walls of your basement, they may require specific steps to ensure a clean coat of new paint. In short, walls of a finished basement will often paint just the same as the rest of a house. However, concrete or brick require more steps for an even coating. These steps usually include:
- Removing debris – Using a wire brush, painters remove debris, creating a clean working surface.
- Sealing cracks – By sealing in any cracks that exist on your concrete walls, you can be rest assured your walls will be sealed prior to finish coating. An elastomeric sealant is used on small cracks or voids.
- Applying patching cement – Our painters will fill any large voids with hydraulic cement that helps to bring the walls back to the original finish as close as possible.
- Paint the walls – After the surface has been prepared, painters finally start the painting itself. We only use top quality finish products to ensure the best results/longevity.
- Add necessary finish – From finishing coats to custom requests for designs, final touches bring everything together.
Whatever type of painting you need done, Van Tuinen Painting helps your basement achieve it. Offering some of the best basement painting services in Kalamazoo, our team of professionals works with you every step of the way for the best home painting experience. If you want to start a basement painting project, give us a call today!